Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange 2003 SP2 Event 9690

Status
Not open for further replies.

shakamon

MIS
Feb 4, 2002
US
I have MS Windows Enterprise 2003, SP2 - Exchange 2003

Getting an Event ID 9690
Exchange store 'First Storage Group\Mailbox Store (XXXXXX)': The logical size of this database (the logical size equals the physical size of the .edb file and the .stm file minus the logical free space in each) is 75 GB. This database size has exceeded the size limit of 75 GB.

This database will be dismounted immediately.

When this happens, My information store stops and I have to restart the information store to get my e-mails going again. I have to do this every other day!

I know 75 is my limit, what can I do to milk this besides lower the deleted items retention,run the clean up agent to get rid of any deleted users mailboxes still on your information store once you’ve done that check the size of your database the following in event viewer to see how much space the online defrag reclaimed.

HOw do I go about making another store and splitting things up. Does anyone have an article on how to do this?

Only the dead fish follow the stream

You don't milk it. You're playing with fire. You're lucky the store is shutting down cleanly.

To create another store, you need to be running the Enterprise version of Exchange. Do you have that?

What do the event 1221 entries say in the app log?

Pat Richard MVP

It says:

The database "first stggroup\Mailbox Store (Mail)has 32 MB of space after online fragmentation...
Yesterday it had 69 MB

Last week it had up to 900MB, but even previous to that, it had really low counts in the double digits of MB dating back thru June 01

There is a similar msg in regards to public folder store, but we dont use it at all and for the most part is empty.

Right now the support team is doing a massive archive. We are running Exch 2003 SP2 Std Ed.

I have my retention periods down to 10 days for mailboxes and 7 days deleted items. Is there anything else I can do?

I walked into this environment. No quotas.... trying to get it back on track until we purchase Ent Ed. and new Hardware.

Only the dead fish follow the stream

a "massive archive" is going to require an offline defrag to recover the whitespace. You could be looking at a fair amount of downtime to recover that.

You should expedite the move to enterprise. You can do an in-place upgrade.

Pat Richard MVP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back