Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange 2003 Publishing DNS Records.

Status
Not open for further replies.

boston33

MIS
Jan 9, 2005
US
Hello,

I have a SBS2003 Server w/ Exchange 2003.

On our private lan, the Server's FQDN is something like: sbs2003.test.local . If I sent an email with outlook on my private lan, I send an email to paulh@test.local .

I need to publish DNS, so that email will work for travelling Sales reps. We own a Public domain name like: testsoftware.com.

How can I make this work? How can I send an email to paulh@testsoftware.com and have him receive it on our private lan?(This is a little confusing to me, because our private lan uses the Domain: dental.local.).

If our ISP manages our DNS, do I have to setup an SMTP connector on our SBS203/Exch. 2003 Server?

Thanks for your help. -Boston.

We have another office in a different location.

They use Novell G.wise.

At our branch office, we open a browser and access Novell G.wise email through a browser.

We are trying to switch over to our own SBS2003 server in the long term. Eventually, we want to manager our own email and dns.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back