Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange 2003 OWA with iis6 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

carbonman

IS-IT--Management
Mar 27, 2001
GB
I have been struggling with this problem since I have installed exchange 2003. Exchange 2003 itself is working fine. however the OWA page is not working as it should. When I browse to I am prompted for authentication, once authenticated it takes me to the main OWA page, but never completes loading it. Under inbox it just continuously says loading...
I have reapplied all the exchange 2003 settings, reinstalled asp.net - checked the settings with another 2003 server with exchange 2003 installed and they all seem identical. This error occurs both on the server and when I try to access the site externally. If I click on the links like inbox or calender from on the server, I get errors saying a runtime error has occured do you wish to debug, line 90 error object expected. I don't get this error however accessing the site externally, but none of the links work. Any help or guidance would be very well received. Thanks in advance.

I've got exactly the same prob. When I find out the solution, will let you know.

I have mostly solved the issue now - what I did was uninstall exchange uninstall iis6 and then reinstall it all again! However when I reinstalled i noticed that asp.net wasn't installed, and I think that that is where the problem was. On the local machine its all working fine. I do still however have the problem of the inbox continuously saying loading when i access OWA from another client but the buttons to the right are all as they should be, so if you find any solutions to that let me know.
thanks

Im confused by your post, does it work internally or externally? Are you doing this externally over port 80 or 443?

AM

TTT ... having the SAME issue here...

I'm running IIS 5.0 on a w2k server w/exchange 2k3

everything was working fine... then i installed SMS, Windows Update , and applied SQL 2k SP3 ... now it just sticks at "loading..."

not sure what it is... i'm about to remove exchange and reinstall...

as an FYI... i just got my web access working again... unfortuanetly I didn't do a very good step by step analysis heh

here's what I did:
1. Reinstall Exchange 2k3 ... didn't fix the problem
2. Removed SMS 2k3 .. didn't fix the problem
3. Removed .Net Framework 1.1 device update 2.0 ... didn't fix problem
4. (this is where it gets hairy) ... I removed .Net framework 1.1 and something called IISScan 2.0 ...

Now it works... so my guess is the IISScan 2.0 thing caused the prob (not sure where it came from?)

I ran into this very same issue with the OWA gui not loading completely. It would start then state Loading... and never complete. After some poking around I noticed that URLScan V2.5 was also installed. After trying everything with the URLScan.ini file I decided to uninstall it. After an uninstall of URLScan V2.5 the OWA client came right to life. It even works in SSL. :)

If you have URLScan installed, try removing it. If that doesn't fix the problem you can always put it back.

Hope this helps.

When I ran into the 'Loading...' problem, I was able to fix it by deleting the IIS temp files in:

C:\WINDOWS\IIS Temporary Compressed Files

Read more here:

If you are using W2K3 and E2K3, I don't think you need URLScan. By default, it already has all the 'secure' settings that you get with URLScan. I think this was stated somewhere in the URLScan documentation.

You can also use the Exchange Server Best Practices Analyzer Tool to test your security and performance:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back