Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange 2003 OWA Front End server not proxying

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirJay

MIS
Oct 9, 2003
AU
Hi there,

We're about to perform a 5.5 -> 2003 migration, have the AD Populated with all user accounts, a 2 way ADC in place with the NT/5.5EE environment but while all backend mail and OWA services appear to work fine (will redirect to home server of the mailbox) it simply refuses to act as a front-end server and proxy requests to the four backend servers.

To the best of my knowledge, the front end server is set to basic authent (inc. v. dirs) and the back ends to integrated.

I installed a second Win/Exch 2003 server and also configured this as a frond-end server but it didn't perform proxy services either, so this has been removed.

I've uninstalled the SSL key and gone back to basics in order to troubleshoot this - IIS isn't set to require it, is it a prerequisite for OWA in FE/BE configuration?

Any suggestions?

J

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back