Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange 2003 Management Tools Install on 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

shorty545

IS-IT--Management
Apr 5, 2004
US
I'm trying to get the exchange 2003 management tools installed on 2008 as I am running this on my desktop.

I've followed the Vista workaround by copying the exchange dll's over and registering them, but i seem to get a fatal error everytime I try to create or delete a mailbox.

The tabs successfully appear in ADUC, but something is not working properly as everytime i create/delete a mailbox, my MMC console throws an error and closes: "Microsoft Active Directory - Exchange Extension has stopped working"

Any ideas or workarounds?

Have you tried running the console as an administrator? What I mean is right click and select run as administrator. So applications won't run right unless you run as administrator. There is a check box in the compatablity tab, in the properties of the .exe

sorry to bring the bad news, but it is not supported

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back