Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange 2003 and DC on same box

Status
Not open for further replies.

lesleint

IS-IT--Management
Apr 11, 2003
US
I had this running for awhile and recently I have demoted the Exchange server back to a member server but I am now getting these 2 event ids.

Event ID 8231
Permanent failure reported by policy group provider for 'CN=System Policies,CN=BC01-BBB-EXCHANGE,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=domian,DC=com':'MAD.EXE', error=80040103. Taking provider offline.

Event ID 8213
System Attendant Service failed to create session for virtual machine XCHANGE. The error number is 0xc103073a.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Is there another domain controller on the network? More importantly, is there another global catalog on the network?

Likewise, with the other DC, did you transfer all of the FSMO roles to the other DC including the Schema role which is installed by default on the FIRST DC in the network?

The Global Catalog role should really be on the same server as Exchange.

Sorry I have been taken so long to repost. So would my best bet be to reinstall Exchange 2003. Can I just install another Exchange 2003 server move eveythign off number 1 then reinstall and move it back?

You should just need to do a re-install. I did the same and it worked fine

TF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back