Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange 2003 & ISA 2004 REPLACE CERTIFICATE

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillBrosius

Programmer
Jan 9, 2003
US
Hi all,

QUESTION:
I want to replace the self issued certificate I created from my Exchange server while setting up the ISA - Exchange relationship with a commercial certificate like Verisign. Is this an easy process? Do I just install the certificate on the Exchange server to replace my self issued one and then update the ISA certificate to match?

BACKGROUND:
Long story short: I have an Exchange 2003 Server providing mail to my users. I also have an ISA 2004 Server providing the interface for OWA and OMA.

When I set this up, I issued my own certificates from the Exchange server and used those to setup the relationship between the ISA Server and Exchange. Everything works great. My users can access their Exchange accounts via the web.

Now, I have several users who have SmartPhones (Treo 700p & 700w) that want to be able to use ActiveSync to synchronize with Exchange. I am running into "Trusted Certificate" issues and am pretty sure I can resolve them by signing up with Verisign or similar to get a Microsoft Trusted Certificate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back