Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange 2000 Std to Exchange 2003 Ent...Upgrade? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SR7758

Technical User
Mar 11, 2002
US
I have been asked to upgrade our 2k AD domain with all 2k Servers running in mixed mode (not sure why) and 1 Exchange 2k server in Mixed Exchange mode (again, not sure why) to Exchange 2003. On our Exchange 2k box we run Symantec Mail Security for MS Exchange V 4.5 for spam filtering and virus control and this is not a DC.
I am posting to see if there were any known issues with upgrading Exchange from 2k Std to 2k3 Enterprise, or to see if concensus says to upgrade to a new server with erver 2k3 and Exchange 2k3. We're at 14.5 of our 16GB limit and they're growing rapidly.
Any input or experiences would be most appriciated.
Thank you!

S.R.

I was in a similar situation and I was able to upgrade without any problem.

I have to in place upgrade an Exchange 2000 SP3 Standard server to Exchange 2003 Enterprise. Can I do it in one step (2000 standard to 2003 Enterprise) or I have to go through 2 steps (2000 standard to 2003 standard to 2003 enterprise)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back