Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange 2000 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

msoffq

Technical User
Apr 20, 2001
US
How do I configure a user to be the recipient of all "bounced" emails. To expand on my question, I want to configure a user in a Windows/Exchange 2000 environment to get all "misspelled" email addresses. The recipient would then forward the email to the correct recipient.

Well if I'm not mistaken, inbound undeliverable messages automatically go to the 'Administrator' account. The sender should get a bounce back automatically. I don't know if there is a way to set up a specific user who would get all undeliverables but you should check the MS KB.

Ashleym

In 5.5 you change the mailbox on the IMS I assume the same or similar for E2k.

Chris.

In 5.5 you would specify an alternate recipient on the delivery options tab on the properties for the Exchange Admin mailbox.

MicroD,

If you set up an alternate recipient for the administrator ALL the administrator mail goes there. On the IMC properties you can specify an administrative mailbox just for the IMS NDR,s etc.

Chris.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back