Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange 2000 Public Folders Do's and Don'ts

Status
Not open for further replies.

todsmurray

Technical User
Aug 8, 2003
GB
Are there any serious Don'ts with Exchange 2000 public Folders? any gotcha's??

Thanks
Andy

Hi,

There really aren't any problems per se, there are somethings to consider though.

You may want to set up size limits and possibly some retention policies. This way your public folders don't get out of hand.

If you are going to use public folders to receive email, then make sure that the anonymous (under permissions tab), is set to Contributor. Otherwise the mail will not flow to the folder.

Personal Folders are permission based, so how you set permissions will affect how or what the end-users see.

Check out faq858-3267 for some additional things you can do with Public Folders and additional information.

Hope this helps some,

Wyz

Exchange 2000

Read the FAQ and unfortunately it didn't answer my question (although it had some worthwhile stuff) which is as follows.

I want to be able to view e-mail addresses of public contacts that are shown in the public folders. I want them to be listed in the address book. I have found out how to list the public folders in the address book, but this is not what I want. What I want to be able to do is list the contacts e-mail addresses which are within the public folders themselves i.e.

Public folders
All Public Folders
Public Company Contacts = created folder
Suppliers

lists of suppliers with details etc including e-mail addresses.

Is there a way of getting the e-mail addresses into the address book?

If anyone can help me I would be greatful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back