Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange 2000 permissions issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlosbuso

IS-IT--Management
Apr 7, 2004
PR
I am having serious exchange 2000 issues. Well, at least I think its an exchange issue. I've been trying to reinstall the IM server to the exchange server, and I am getting an error that states that I don't have permission to install those components under the "administrator" account. I was wondering, does "Administrator@domain.com" have an email? should Administrator@domain.com be ble to check his emails? I think the answer to these questions is YES. All of our problems started when this server was demoted from being a DC. We did this because it is our SQL, Exchange and BackupExec server, and we wanted to maximize system resources. Anyway the point being that It's my understanding that "domain\administrator" doesn't have administrator priviledges on this server, since it was always a DC, it doesnt recognize the account, though I can log onto the server using that account. Another funny issue is that in BackupExec 9.0, when administrator tries to select the "Information store and mailboxes " it asks for credentials, and we specify domain\administrator and it doesnt accept it. We created an account on that server to log on and backup the excahnge related services and directories, and it selects whithout problem. It seems to be an issue with the domain\administrator account. Please give me some suggestions or ask me questions, I need to resolve this issue

I have the same problem with Veritas Backup exec 9.0 and Exchange Mailboxes. It seems like a rights issue for the Administraor account on the domain. I have tried logging on as the services account and this time I did not get an error when selection the mailboxes for a backup job. It is running now. Will cross my fingers.

I did the same thing and I now have access to the mailboxes, but I have big troubles trying to run setup.exe /domainprep and /forestprep on this server, I can run it on a DC and it runs fine, but I also cant reinstall exchange to get teh IM working, any ideas there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back