Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange 2000/Outlook XP Slowdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arran

MIS
Apr 11, 2002
GB
Quick question. We have a Windows 2000 server running Exchnage 2000 and around 150 Outlook XP users. Everything is sweet and working fine EXCEPT two users. These two users can connect and get there email etc etc but the clients are very slow. Even swapping from one email to another (small text emails) is slow. But I can't find any differences in system setup. They use the same PCs as everyone else (P4 2000mhz), loads of memory and HDD space (256Mb and around 50Gb HDD) they have the same amount of mail as everyone else (around 100Mb) and the clients are installed the same way as everyone else.

Are there some settings/problems I shuld know about? I'm guessing the problem is with the Outlook as opposed to Exchange...

Any ideas...?
A

What are the OS's for machine? I am having same problem but only with clients that have WinXp and Outlook Xp

Think I sussed it. All I did was under Options-->Other untick the tick box that regards the integration with Instant messenger. This seemed to do the trick on the PCs that were slow.

Weird solution but it worked for me!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back