Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange 2000 Out of Office Assistant 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

quattro5vt

IS-IT--Management
Apr 3, 2002
US
I am not able to get an out of office reply from some users, but not others. I am looking in Exchange System admin and Active Dirctory settings, but do not see a common denominator. Can anyone offer any suggestions? Thanks.

go to your exchange system manager, then click on global settings, then click on internet message formats. Go over to the right pane and right click on default, go to properties, click on the advanced tab. Make sure allow out of office replies and allow automatic replies are checked. Hopefully that should solve the problem, it did for our organization.

GaryRumson, that tip was gold. Worked a charm. One thing to remember for future readers is that after you turn on the Out of Office feature, you send an out of office reply to each recipient ONLY ONCE. This kind of inhibited my testing until I figured that part out. For testing switch off the Out of office feature, and then switch it back on so that you recieve a Out of Office reply again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back