Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange 2000 Info store not baqcking up through NTBackup

Status
Not open for further replies.

ceil32

MIS
Apr 8, 2008
IE
I have an Exchange 2000 Server SP3 running on Windows 2000 Server.

I have a scheduled job to run every night @ 11pm to backup Ms Info Store/Mailbox Store

I can run the job manually, using the same details (file to be backed up, location of .bkf file etc) as the scheduled job, but the log for the scheduled job states:

"Backup Status
The operation was not performed because the specified media cannot be found."

---

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Sounds like a permissions issue. Scheduler might be using the system account, ntbackup gets run by you logged in as yourself / admin.

The username/pwd I provided when I setup the job was domain admin - should I use a different account?

They need to be Exchange admin too and poss backup operator too. Depending where you are backing up to, they need access there as well.

It looks the NT folder where it writes the log to, was hidden - seems to be working fine now.

Thanks for help.

The .bkf file is being backed to a local drive on the server.

I have a shared folder on our fileserver mapped.

When I try to copy and paste infostore.bkf to the network drive, I get the following error:

'Cannot copy infostore. There is not enough free space.
Delete one or more files to free disk space and try again'

There are tons of free space on the source and destination drive.

I've also tried scheduling the following script and running it from DOS - neither work, though the paths are correct

XCOPY "\\emailservername\F$\Email Info Store\Infostore.bkf" \\FILESERVER\email /E /Y /D > C:\email\copy_infostore.txt

-------

I get 'insufficient disk space' too..

Any ideas?

what is the event id getting on the server??
use dsacls to if its permission issue

Sorry for the delay in replying.

There is no event ID on the server and no error message aside from what I posted above.

I can backup 'System State' through NTBackup and either copy it from the local server to the share where I want to copy the info store, or automatically get NTBackup to backup to there.

The infostore.bkf file is approx 15.5gb - is there an upper limit on .bkf file size?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back