Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange 2000 domain names 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 27, 2001
US
On the internet our domain name is "company.org"
Our Windows 2000 Domain name is "company.com"

I want the Exchange Server I am building to be able to handle mail addressed to "user@company.org"

I can send mail from "user@company.org" with no problem.

If I telnet into the exchange server and try to drop an e-mail to "user@company.org" I am informed that the message cannot be relayed.

I tried to change the Fully Qualified Domain Name under the default Virtual SMTP server, but when I attemped to check DNS I was informed that the Domain name was invalid. I then added a new zone for "company.org" and got the same message.

Should I be creating a new virtual SMTP server with the "company.org" name? Can what I want to achive be solved internally, or am I going to have to go buy the domain for "company.com"

Under Recipients in ESM you with see Policies.

You should have a default. Does it have the SMTP domain.com you want? If not change it. Dan
Microsoft Exchange Support @ Microsoft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back