Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange 07 or 2010 testing/learning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoulAssassin

IS-IT--Management
Jan 12, 2002
US
I've recently passed the MCITP: SA tests and wanted to broaden my horizons into other products, hopefully exchange since I'm not familiar with 2k7 or 2010. My question would be: as someone who's not very experienced with either exchange product should I start with Exchange 2010 books/learning materials or start at the basic level of 2k7?

I've read that 2k7 testing covers powershell in greater detail so maybe I should start there...Hopefully, people much smarter than me can help me decide!

TIA

Well...it depends on what you're doing.

If you are a consultant then learn 2010.

If you're likely going to be working in an Exchange 2007 environment then learn 2007.

If you're likely to be working in a 2010 environment then learn that.

If you are looking just to learn something new, I would say go with 2010. With 2010 being out now most deployments that are not already in progress will be using 2010, and 2007 will have a shorter shelf life.

That being said, there are a lot of 2007 installations out there and they will probably continue to be out there for several years more.

MCITP:Server Administrator
MCITP:Enterprise Administrator
MCITP:Virtualization Administrator 2008 R2
Certified Quest vWorkspace Administrator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back