Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

exch server behind pix

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjpolito

MIS
Nov 8, 2003
US
I have a pix 501 at my office. I'd like to set up an exchange server inside the lan.

Can I do this without a 3rd ethernet port?

I do have a static ip on e0, plus I do have a few static ip's available through my isp.

What't the best way to set this up?

I'd like to do this without buying any new firewalls.

I may be able to set up another server with a few nics to act as a second firewall, but I'd like to avoid that. Plus I'd like to know the advantages & disadvantages of adding a server with multiple nics to act as a firewall.

Mike

Yea, just use the static command to change your public IP into a private IP (where your mail server is). Use a static translation table for all your servers inside of your firewall (just 2 interfaces). Dont forget to run the no fixup SMTP if your running MS Exchange. Also cisco says the best place for a mail server is on the DMZ. It is not necessary though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back