Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exceptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

teubenragee

Programmer
May 22, 2001
DE
In my soft, I get sometimes an error messageBox "Exception software exception at address XXXXX"

What does it come from?

A program, probably the one you are writing, is throwing an exception that Windows then catches and throws back at you. Hard to say exactly where it is without more info. I often get this type of error when I don't correctly handle my input/output of files correctly. (A common occurance during testing, for me.)

If you can't fingure out where this is coming from you may have to do some debugging. There is an excellent two-part article at Bytamin-C's site (see for part one). James P. Cottingham

I am the Unknown lead by the Unknowing.
I have done so much with so little
for so long that I am now qualified
to do anything with nothing.

For example, could it come from a TBitmap.SaveToFile(XXXX) in a directory where there is about 1000 or 2000 files? or a memcpy where I copy too much data for the ptr I use?

Thank U

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back