Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION error

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomR100

Programmer
Aug 22, 2001
US
Hello,
I have a job created from a DTS. This job ran this morning but sent a FAILED status to me. When I viewed the log I saw the EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION in the log and it said because of this the process stopped.

The file was created and I have an email that is sent to the user when the file is created. Could the EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION error have to do with the email? Or is there something else involved?

Thank you for your help,
TomR100

In your DTS package, go ahead and turn logging to an external file ON. run the package again and then check the error file that is generated for the step(s) that is causing this access violation message. Post the error on your next post.

Thanks

J. Kusch

I am just a lowly developer and do not have access to this logging option. The DBA said that it is an email issue but I just wanted to get someone else's opinion

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back