Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exception raised

Status
Not open for further replies.

aph

Technical User
Jul 8, 2000
GB
Ok firstlyI know nothing about javascript, so I though I'd better let you all know.

Right I'm currently working on a 3D prgram that can use javascripts. I'm currently trying to run an old script from a previous release but gettting this error can someone tell me what this error means.

Check the third line of the script. I can see the error from here.

You gotta help us more than that, you know. The programmers may be psycho, but none are psych[red]ic[/red].

Lee

I carn't the script is subject to copywrite and the thing I'm using it with is an alpha release.

I just though it was a standard error that I maybe able to sort out when I know what it ment E.G "sintax error" from the old days thats all, have to wait for the Dev to get back to me thanks for your intrest anyway.

Can recomend any good books on Javascript BTW everything on the net seem web related

cheer
andy

If you have that kind of problem with a script so secret and copyrighted, you need to find someone else to write your scripting for you. If you put the script on a web page, anyone who visits the page will be able to read what's written, you know. This forum deals with copyrighted materials all the time, and the majority of those answering questions here are professional programmers with intellectual property rights to hundreds (or more) of scripts that are being used.

Most Javascript is used as client-side scripting with browsers. Since you're a beginner, starting with one of the Javascript tutorials should give you a good foundation with the language. Javascript can also be used for ASP programming as well as Windows Scripting Host, and all 3 are different. You didn't specify what you want to do with it, so I can only suggest you use Google to find tutorials that are targeted at what your needs are.

Lee

Cheers guys the Dev has been in touch today he has rewritten the plugin hence the problem just been sent the new one so should be ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back