Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exception from HRESULT: 0xC0014014 (Microsoft.SqlServer.DTSRuntimeWrap

Status
Not open for further replies.

elsenorjose

Technical User
Oct 29, 2003
US
Hello everyone,

I'm a bit new to creating import data packages so I've been manually performing import data tasks and not saving as a package. The need for automation has come up so I am trying to save my simple (or so I would assume) import task as a package but I am getting the following error:

TITLE: SQL Server Import and Export Wizard
------------------------------

The operation could not be completed.

------------------------------
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Exception from HRESULT: 0xC0014014 (Microsoft.SqlServer.DTSRuntimeWrap)

The task imports an Excel file into an existing table, appending the data. That's it.

I'm using SQL Server 2005 on a Windows Server 2003 machine that I use Remote Desktop to connect to.

Apologies if I did not provide enough information. Please let me know what additional information might be needed to help troubleshoot. I've Googled the error message but get no advice at all.

Thank you.

In case anyone was interested, I found the problem. It appears that a DTS package needs to be run under an account that has both Sys Admin as well as DBA permissions. The account I was using only had DBA permissions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back