Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel's shrinking row & column headers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosebud

MIS
Jun 19, 1999
US
Has anyone else opened Excel 95 to see the row & column headers so small it's hard to read them but all the cells are normal size? I didn't know there was a way to resize the headers but not the cells - and why would someone want to do that, anyway?!

It sounds like you are saying that the text is so small you can't read it. <br>
<br>
Right click on one of the cells. Go to Cell Format. Click on the Alignment tab. Check in the Text Control section that the shrink to fit box is not checked.<br>
<br>
Hope this helps.

I think I didn't explain my problem properly. The text in the cells is just fine. It's the text in the Column and Row headers that has shrunken so as to be almost unreadable.

Try going into the Tools drop-down menu and selecting &quot;Options...&quot; Once you're in the Options screen click on the General tab and make sure the Standard Font Size is at least 10 (which is standard). You'll be prompted to restart Excel in order to see the difference. See if that helps :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back