Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excellent illustration of how spyware gets on a machine

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a public service, after reading this article, download the referenced video made by Ben Edelman. If you can't get through to someone any other way to pay attention to their surfing, show them the video. If that doesn't get through to them, they're officially brain-dead.

[sub]Jeff
[purple]It's never too early to begin preparing for [/purple]International Talk Like a Pirate Day

"The software I buy sucks, The software I write sucks. It's time to give up and have a beer..." - Me[/sub]

What article and what video??????

if you are gonna talk about something not on this Forum, I would suggest you point it out by linking or another such form...

Ben

"If it works don't fix it! If it doesn't use a sledgehammer..."

if you are gonna talk about something not on this Forum

Great -- now I'm missing two things. First, MasterRacker's links. Second, the reason why a post titled "Excellent illustration of how spyware gets on a machine" would be off-topic a forum named "Virus/spyware discussion".

Want the best answers? Ask the best questions!

TANSTAAFL!!

What!!???

Where is my excellent illustration?

Daniel.

Sorry folks. That's what I get when my multi-tasking doesn't include "proofreading". Here's the link:

[sub]Jeff
[purple]It's never too early to begin preparing for [/purple]International Talk Like a Pirate Day

"The software I buy sucks, The software I write sucks. It's time to give up and have a beer..." - Me[/sub]

Just watching that is painful.

Hola, thanks for clearing that mishap up....

Now the whole post makes sense... very interesting indeed...

@Sleipnir214 -
Great -- now I'm missing two things. First, MasterRacker's links. Second, the reason why a post titled "Excellent illustration of how spyware gets on a machine" would be off-topic a forum named "Virus/spyware discussion".

No never said that it is Off-Topic... just that it was missing the general links to where the information is kept (ergo not Tek-Tips)...

PS: I apologize for sounding so Harsh and Rudely, didn't mean it that way...

Ben

"If it works don't fix it! If it doesn't use a sledgehammer..."

The link to the article doesnt work at all for me, but the video is frightening, I would have 'pulled the plug' long before it got as bad as it did.
Also a little brown and yellow icon in the bottom right corner with ZA on it might have helped in this situation.

Steve: Delphi a feersum engin indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back