Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excell to Access, transfer spreadsheet action

Status
Not open for further replies.

tllouie

Programmer
Jul 14, 2003
US
I am transferring data into an existing SQL table through Access. I use the transfer spreadsheet action and I have multiple worksheets to import within a workbook. The transfer spreadsheet action works fine when I specify a range within a worksheet but it won't let me specify the worksheet alone. I don't know the number of rows within the worksheet so I can't specify that into the coded action everytime. Help!

Hi tllouie,

I have an example of how to import single/multiple sheets by sheet or range name at . The file to look at is Import Multiple Excel Worksheets into Access .

If you take a look at the code behind the buttons, should point you in the right direction.

Bill

Bill, this is twice now I have found your site mentioned in a thread. However, I can get to the red sheet with the file, but when I click on the file to download it says there is nothing there. Has this been moved? Thanks, JL

Bill,

Thanks for the info but I agree with Janet. I only can get to the red sheet with the one link. When I click on the link then I get an error message. Please post a more updated link. THANKS [peace].

Bill,

When I try to get to your site I get an error message that Host was not found. Is there a problem with the site?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back