Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excell Sheet updates Access Tables

Status
Not open for further replies.

input1000

Technical User
Sep 8, 2009
CA
I will have numerous Excell sheets that will I will have to update my database with. This will be a weekly task.

What I require is some code that can do the following 4 things:
1 - Take an excell sheet from a specified location with a specific name and update the Access Table with New items
2 - Delete items that no longer exists on the excell sheet should be deleted from the access table
3 - Make any changes across the table
For Example --- (OLD) Item 4 Brown 2 4
(NEW) Item 4 Brown 1 4
Change the 2 to a 1 as per the new sheet

Report out what was Added, Deleted and Changed.

Anyone have someone that does this or similar I can work off of?

Thankyou

Jason

I suggest you use transferspreadsheet and a selection of queries. A search of Tek-Tips should provide you with a number of pointers.

You may wish to read faq181-2886

Hi. I dont know if this will help but, I created a table from scratch and linked it to the XL spread sheet I was using for my product prices I can add/delete change any information in the sheet and it auotomatically updates my table in the database. As you can guess if you rename or move the spread sheet the table wont get updated.Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back