Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

excell 2000 inserting data from recordset

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michali

Programmer
Jul 20, 2003
US
hello all
i am tring to insert a recordset numeric data from vb to a sheet in ecxell 2000 . for some resone i am gettin a comma (') in evry numeric cell therfore i cant make any calculations or other manipulations on my data in the excell workbook.
any help?

thank you
michal

You really don't need code, use ODBC...

in a blank excel worksheet, from the menu...

Data>get external data>new database query...select you database type from the databases tab, follow the wizard, or select the use MS query option(I prefer this...look for the check box in one of the wizard steps),...carefully select options you want on each window,...such table or query or "read only" check boxes and what not...
then return data to ms excel.

when the data is returned, you can right click in the data area and set properties such as refresh on open

now when ever the database is updated the workbook will reflect the changes.(if you refresh...auto or manually)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back