Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel Wrap Text 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bennie47250

Programmer
Nov 8, 2001
US
Excel 2002

Whenever I import or copy paste texts into Excel, cells expand in length to accommodate the text. I have to go into formatting – alignment and turn off wrap text. Can the default be changed to not wrap text?

Thanks

format - cells - allignment - uncheck text control=wrap text
hth

Thanks but this I know.

What I'm looking for is a way to permanently turn this off. It is checked by default on each new sheet I create and then I have to go thru these steps to turn it off.

Bennie,

You need to create a template named "book.xlt" in your 'xlstart' folder. Mine on Win2000 is located as follows:-

C:\Documents and Settings\peterm\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART

This template should be a blank worksheet with all your default settings like you mentioned, plus it can include default headers and footers etc, so you don't have to create them on each new workbook. You save it as a template.

Once created this will be opened every time you start Excel, and always be the basis of all new sheets you create.

HTH and Good Luck!

Peter Moran

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back