Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel worksheets with queries attached 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

eugene2

IS-IT--Management
Apr 2, 2001
US
There is a massive upgrade going on.Many worksheets that were created in past on Office 95 and Office 97 have queries attached,We are upgrading to Office 2003.The Access Databases won't be upgraded for some time MSQuery is not included Excel 2003, I have worked around this by copying this folder from older versions. The creators of the all these worksheets are no longer around, but people still use them. The IT dept is very small, and Operating systems,servers, etc. are being upgraded. Is there an another way of upgrading this type of worksheet without having to work on each individual case. I hope that someone has had this experience that could help smooth the way. Thank you

MSQuery is not included Excel 2003
erm - I think you'll find it is....

This is by the by though. If the query connects to an MSAccess database, what exactly do you think you need to change ?

Rgds, Geoff

We could learn a lot from crayons. Some are sharp, some are pretty and some are dull. Some have weird names and all are different colours but they all live in the same box.

Please read FAQ222-2244 before you ask a question

To reinforce Geoff's statements, you do not need MS Access to query an Access database. I have Excel 2003 WITH MS Query.

So, not to worry.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] When a wee mystic is on the loose..
It's a Small Medium at Large! [tongue][/sub]

Thank you for your responses. I oversimplified. all worksheets were not created with their macros to update from database and other functions, and all users of worksheets will not have same version of office. As certain users were upgraded the functions no longer worked. There will several other problems that will popup as the upgrade continues of this nature. Thanks for the responses.

When you start a new database query, untick wizard option (in data source dialog) to get the full MS Query interface.

combo

If they are all different with different functions and different query types etc on different platforms you are looking at going in 1 by 1 and fixing. If there is no logic to hook into, there's not really going to be a way of automating it.....

Rgds, Geoff

We could learn a lot from crayons. Some are sharp, some are pretty and some are dull. Some have weird names and all are different colours but they all live in the same box.

Please read FAQ222-2244 before you ask a question

Thanks to all of you. I was afraid that what Geoff referred to of different platforms would be the end result. Thank you again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back