Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel Worksheet Editing Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jksb

Technical User
Sep 27, 2000
US
I have a workbook that has 32 worksheets in it...inventory...and I want to delete certain items across each sheet (one for each day of the week). I have the row formula so they equal the total sheet so that when I did corrections it would do it for all the sheets; however, when I go to hide the rows, I am finding I need to do it for each sheet. Is there a way to do it in one shot? I've also found that when I want to add an item, I need to do each page individually, too...it won't automatically insert a row across all 32 pages.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Jackie

You used to be able to select the right cells on the first sheet and use control page up/down to use the same cells in each sheet.

That was some time ago though, so it may not work in later versions!

Thanks! That is it...you highlight (shift, click to end) the pages, then it automatically carries it through the workbook!!! I knew it couldn't be set up to not do something like that!
Thanks again!
Jackie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back