Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel. Working with Grouping and Custom Views

Status
Not open for further replies.

bilko1

Instructor
Apr 2, 2002
NZ
Hi
I have a spreadsheet that is used to capture data on a daily basis, month on month. The data, once captured is then sent out to various parties. Each party has a requirement to see different columns.

The user makes considerable use of the Grouping/Outline functions as each record can have 5 sub records and once input, she wants to hide them to aid further input.
I have also managed to get her using Custom Views to reduce all the hiding and unhiding of columns every day.

So, on to my problem (s). While she uses this spreadsheet...
She uses freeze panes but for some reason on a very regular basis, this practically freezes her whole screen. While she tries to drag the scroll bar down, it moves at snail pace. What causes this??. At present I have to get her to unfreeze and then freeze again.

I have introduced her to Data Form for inputting but for some reason every time she clicks Data/Form, the form appears with the top half of the screen cut off. If she closes and reopens it, it works fine. Frustrating !!

Does anyone have any other suggestions for how I might adapt this spreadsheet. I have to keep it relatively simple as the user is still on the upward slopes of Excel use. Any suggestions would be incredibly well received.
Hope this isn't all too confusing.
Thanks
Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back