Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel - Watermark 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DummyForAccess

Technical User
Aug 7, 2002
US
I am trying to put a watermark into an Excel document. I need the watermark to print when the document prints. I can get a background inserted, but it won't print when the document prints. Anyone know how to do this?

Mimic a watermark in Excel
Watermark functionality is not available in Excel. If you want to display a graphic on every printed page (for example, to indicate that the information is confidential), you can insert the graphic in a header or footer. This way, the graphic appears behind the text, starting at the top or bottom of every page. You can also resize or scale it to fill the page.

On the View menu, click Header and Footer.
In the Page Setup dialog box, click Custom Header or Custom Footer.
Click in the Left section, Center section, or Right section box.
In the row of buttons in the Header or Footer dialog box, click Insert Picture and then find the graphic you want to insert.
Double-click the graphic to insert it in the header or footer section box.
To resize or scale the graphic, click Format Picture in the row of buttons in the Header or Footer dialog box and then, in the Format Picture dialog box, select the options you want on the Size tab.

Notes

Changes to the graphic or graphic format take place immediately and can't be undone.

If you want to add blank space above or below a graphic, click before or after &[Picture], and then press ENTER to start a new line.

To replace a graphic, select &[Picture], click Insert Picture , and then click Replace.
Before printing, make sure the header or footer margin allows enough space for the custom header or footer.

To delete a graphic, select &[Picture] and then press DELETE.

If the picture is the only item in the header or footer, it is easier to move picture down/up by moving header's/footer's margin (print preview with displayed margins).

combo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back