Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel VBA and Acrobat X printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreaterD

Technical User
Nov 1, 2011
US
thread707-1249943

I really like the clean code referenced thread707-1249943

I am running in Excel 2010 and AcrobatX

The error I get is when I get down to:
oSheet.Printout copi.......... you get the idea

The error I get is attached.
I see a couple of windows popping up like the printer action wants to start though.

I will provide the only other piece of information that I can think of. A lot of threads on the net are talking about going into Distiller and unchecking "Do not send fonts to Distiller"
I am not able to find that box or an equivalent to, as I said I am using Acrobat X

I do have Distiller activated in the VBA>Tools>References

Thank you all.

Could you state what are you trying to do?

Many people cannot get to your attachments, so you need to provide information here.

Just a 'shot in the dark' here, but... if you want your Excel file to have as PDF, you can save your 2010 Excel file as PDF.

Just a guess here....

Have fun.

---- Andy

Hi GreaterD,

Without more details, I cannot guarantee that this is the solution, but it was something that stumped me when I tried to print out as a PDF.

The thing with PDF documents is that they are not printed directly as a PDF. Rather, the program must first print the file as a postscript file. That postscript file is then "distilled" into a PDF, before the original postscript file is deleted. The result is that it looks like the program has printed directly to PDF, but from a programming standpoing it is two separate steps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back