Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel transformation performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshuaguilty

Programmer
Apr 26, 2005
CA
I have a report which is working perfectly, and it could be saved as an Excel sheet. The only thing is it takes a long time to open, but when it is opened and re"Saves as" another Excel sheet; the newly saved one reacts right away. The question I would like to ask is whether there is some settings in the Reporting Services to save a 'light' Excel sheet? Any ideas !?

the time taken is to convert the rdl to something that excel can understand and then create. It works quicker afterwards as it doesn;t need to do this (it is already in excel).

AFAIK you cannot control how RS outputs the data to excel without creating your own rendering program

Rgds, Geoff

We could learn a lot from crayons. Some are sharp, some are pretty and some are dull. Some have weird names and all are different colours but they all live in the same box.

Please read FAQ222-2244 before you ask a question

Thank you and it looks like I have to re-save the original file to a 'light'er one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back