Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel to web

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctopher06

IS-IT--Management
Dec 16, 2005
US
I'm not clear what needs to be donr for this. I have an Excel spreadsheet that has locked cells, web site links and is password protected. When I save as a web page, the formatting is changed and it does not show the full page. It is shown in a smaller window within IE. What am I missing? thanks

Chris

You might want to try forcing the link to open the excel spreadsheet in a new window.

Sorry away from this project so long.
I am still having problems getting an Excel spreadsheet to display as a web page correctly. I want it to fill the web page. Microsoft help has been no help.
Any suggestions are appreciated.

Chris

Chris, filling a browser window doesn't have anything to do with Excel almost. If you want it to look bigger, you must make the font bigger. Right now it's really hard to judge what it is you actually want as you are not very descriptive at all.

Regards,
Zack Barresse

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. What is a MS MVP? PODA
- Leonardo da Vinci

Zack,
When I "Save as Web Page" from Excel, then open in IE, this is what I get.

I would like to have it fill the IE window.
Am I missing a step? Or is there another way to do this?
Thanks.

Chris

When it [Excel] saves a web page, it should be the same size, meaning it will create the size on it's own. Whether it fits a browser or not is not up to Excel, but the browser. If you really wanted to, you could go in and edit the files Excel creates when you published as a web page, but you'd be into HTML then. If so, what you would be looking for is the table size as a set number of pixels, that would need to be changed to 100% of the [browser] instance.

Example:
Code:
width:"640"
.. would become ...
Code:
width:100%

These are just examples, but you really need to know HTML to know what you're looking at. Changing the table width could change how everything else looks. Please keep this in mind if editing any code.

HTH

Regards,
Zack Barresse

- Leonardo da Vinci

Thanks Zack. I tried changing the width, but no go.
Also when saving as web page, it will not take the sheet protection and jpg's are deleted.
I guess I will have to recreate the form as html.
Thanks for your help.

Chris

For more functionality, that's probably best. The saveas webpage can get you started in the right direction. It's easiest to have some form of HTML editor to do this with, such as FrontPage or DreamWeaver. Good luck. :)

Regards,
Zack Barresse

- Leonardo da Vinci

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back