Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel Sumif have more than one criteria

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 11, 2002
GB
I wish to sumif if data is between a certain start and end date (which is interchangable ie a date in a certain cell ref) and then has a 2nd sumif criteria.

I've used the DSUM facility to set between date and date parameters. Help will show you the steps. If you need to compare 2 criteria the IFAND works quite well. Whether or not you can combine the two, I'm not sure - but it could be worth trying. Best of luck.

Also, of course you could arithmetic with sumif's to get what you want. You could do sumif ( data less than= end date ) minus sumif ( less than start date ).

Glenn.

Or as a 3rd suggestion
=SUM((Datarange>$A$1)*(Datarange<$A$2)*(Sumrange))
use CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER to enter formula. You will see { } to indicate that it has been &quot;array&quot; entered Rgds
~Geoff~

Sarah,

With database formulas (=DSUM, =DCOUNTA, etc) one is able to create &quot;whatever&quot; complex criteria is necessary. This includes &quot;compound conditions&quot; - for example, including &quot;AND&quot;, &quot;OR&quot;, &quot;NOT&quot;, etc, and even other functions such as VLOOKUP.

Thus, the criteria can generate the totals for precisely the situation you've described, and MUCH MORE... if required.

If you'd like &quot;specific&quot; help, you could email me your file and I'll modify and return it. If you have sensitive data, perhaps you could replace it with fictitious data that still reflects the type of data you're working with.

Alternatively, or in addition, I can email you example files.

ALL Excel users should DEFINITELY take advantage of Excel's database functions. They are indeed EXTREMELY POWERFUL, and provide MUCH MORE flexibility and &quot;ANALYSIS CAPABILITY&quot; than is offered by other options.

Hope this helps.

Regards, ...Dale Watson dwatson@bsi.gov.mb.ca

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back