Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel sheets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Programmer
Jan 17, 2002
US
I am having a problem with text that is showing on Sheet1 are also showing on sheet2. Not by choice. This happens on all workbooks! Uggg. Wonder if this a setting I have clicked by accident? This also results in multiple pages being printed when there is only enough info to print 1.

Thanks
Rich

All workbooks or just this particular one?

My guess is that you have got multiple sheets selected (the tabs at the bottom) - this will mean that when you enter data into say A1 on sheet1, it will be entered into A1 of ALL selected sheets

Rgds, Geoff

"Three things are certain: Death, taxes and lost data. Guess which has occurred"

Please read FAQ222-2244 before you ask a question

Hello - I'm thinking the data was corrupted. It was on all worksheets that had data copied from a suspect one. It doesn't appear that I had two sheets selected. The data was showing "through" to the second sheet only in a center portion. Unfortunately I had copied this section to about 10 worksheets. The silver lining was that it got me thinkning about combining all these sheets(diff content) into one workbook, which simply rocks! In the end, I just copied out the offending text/range to notepad(removing formatting) and copy it bak in and it's fixed. Thanks for your efforts.

Happy holidays
Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back