Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel - Search for a cell that contains the information in a variable

Status
Not open for further replies.

incagold

Programmer
Mar 21, 2003
Relative newbie here with a problem. I have tried searching for a similar problem but seem to have had no luck.

My problem is I have an Excel Worksheet with a macro that cycles through a colum and assigns the value of a cell that matches a value from elsewhere in the worksheet and stores it in a variable.

The variable is then used to search a column in a different worksheet to see if the variable is contained within the value of the cell that is current. If it finds it then perform another action. I am comfortable with all but this search. I have never done anything like this and am looking for help or guidance. Being new, I don't know where to begin. I have tried using the Excel functions inside the macro but they don't seem to work, but that may be a reflection of my ignorance.

Have I explained my problem well? Any help would be most sincerely appreciated. This is part of a government project with a short leash, and I am lost!!

Thank you

You might like to try this VBA forum:
VBA Visual Basic for Applications (Microsoft) Forum
forum707

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Hell to not know where you are at! I do apologize

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back