Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel - Save as Webpage w/Interactivity

Status
Not open for further replies.

caper1175

MIS
Sep 23, 2003
US
I have an Excel worksheet that has been developed by a 3rd party. Management wants me to publish it to our Intranet with Interactivity for all to use. My issue is that when I do publish it, one of the formulas contains the YEARFRAC function, which I believe is part of the Analysis TookPak, and is producing the #name error on my published web page. Can somebody tell me if it is possible to fix this error? Am I doing something wrong or is this just a limitation with publishing from Excel?

Hi,

Why not just do the calculation?

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] When a diminutive clarvoyant had disappeared from detention, headlines read...
Small Medium at Large[tongue][/sub]

If you publish an Excel spreadsheet, open it in a browser, then click on View - Source Code, you'll noticed the spreadsheet was changed to an .htm (web) page. This means you're in the Internet Explorer environment, not Excel - not VBA. The YearFrac function doesn't exist in this environment. So as was suggested above, do the calculation yourself.

Makes sense now that I see it. Thanks for the replies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back