Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel: Row Height vs. Auto-Fit

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardjr

Technical User
Jul 26, 2001
US
I have inherited a large Excel spreadsheet that contains customer information. The printed output must fit a landscape letter size sheet, so column widths are fixed. Some of the text is too long for the cell width, so the Wrap Text option is set to ON. For readability I need the row height to be at least 14.00 (it currently defaults to 12.75). If I reset the row height to 14.00 and then use Auto-Fit so that I can see the full text of the "text-wrapped" cells, the height of the rows that do not wrap goes back to the 12.75 setting. Is there a way to accomplish text-wrapping and auto-fitting without losing my new row height of 14.00?? I have looked for a place to change this default height permanently and cannot locate one. Thanks for any help.

For JVFriederick, if he comes in here. This is the question I was talking about (mentioned wrong tech site to you). This is the one I'm dying to know the answer to.

beardjr: I've sent a note to our "resident programmer" because this seems like such simple code and I just don't know where to begin. I'm still struggling with what order to put commands, what I need to DIM and what I don't. Can't wait to see JVF's reply. Unfortunately, I told him the question was elsewhere. If he email's the reply before he responds here (which he'll surely do), then I'll make sure it gets posted.

I'm a ditz; what can I say. LOL
techsupportgirl@home.com
Brainbench MVP for Microsoft Word

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back