Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel - result based on range of truse/false 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

RCPD700

MIS
Jun 20, 2001
US
I have a list of criteria (12 cells in a column) for vendor selection (the range) for which I used check boxes. A vendor must have ALL traits TRUE or they are disqualified.

I'm trying to set up an If to do this, but I keep getting error messages. I want the result to say "DISQUALIFIED" if any cell in the range is "FALSE."

How can I accomplish this... I'm going crosseyed trying to figure it out, and Help isn't helpful in this case.

Thanks for any ideas.
:cool:

Hi,
[tt]
=IF(SUMPRODUCT((A1:A3)*1)<COUNTA(A1:A3),"DISQUALIFIED","QUALIFIED")
[/tt]
where A1:A3 is your range of true/false.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] [red]Be advised:[/red] When you ignite a firecracker in a bowl of vanilla, chocolate & strawberry ice cream, you get...
Neopolitan Blownapart! [tongue][/sub]

That nailed it, thanks a million! I don't work with Excel at a real advanced level, so I get kinda lost now and then.

Thanks again, I can breathe easier now. :)

Jim
[sub]Taking the bull by the tail and facing the situation[/sub]

RCPD700, maybe Skip earnt a star????

Chris

IT would be the perfect job......if it didn't have users!!!

Chris,

You betcha, Skip did indeed earn a star. He's got that star now. [starofdavid]

My apology to Skip for overlooking it... I got a bit too focused on my problem.

Wish I had the time to learn all that other stuff. Thanks to folks like you and this forum, I don't have too. You all are a great resource and I really appreciate the help.

Thanks,

Jim
[sub]Smith & Wesson - the original point and click interface[/sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back