Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel - "The file maay hhave changed " error message

Status
Not open for further replies.

roycrom

Programmer
Aug 2, 2002
GB
Hi all,

I am running an EMC NAS501G.

When someone opens a read/write copy of an excel file and makes changes, and another user has opened a read copy, then when the read/write copy is closed or attempted to be saved, then I get the message
Code:
The file (foo.xls) may have changed by another user since you last saved it.  In that case,
SAVE A COPY
OVERWRITE CHANGES
I have seen this issue and a hotfix at
I was wondering if anybody else has seen this issue and if there was anyway round this on the NAS itself as changing the registry settings on 1000's of PC's isn't going to be pretty.

I'm not very hopeful, but would be grateful for any help that can be given.

Thanks

------------------------------------------
Somethings come from nothing, nothing seems to come from somethings - SFA - Guerilla

roycrom :)

THis sounds more like an application issue that a NS501G issue. The NS501G does not care about the type of file it is opening and is just a share point for your files to be served up on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back