Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel "Blanks" Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdpman

Technical User
Apr 29, 2002
US
Good Morning everyone. I have a small issue that I'm hoping someone has an easy fix to.

I have an Excel spreadsheet that is output from an Access database. I then do a pivot table on this spreadsheet. The problem that I am running into is that the pivot table does not recognize the blank cells as being blank. I actually have to autofilter each column by the blanks and delete the blanks before the pivot table will calculate correctly. Is there an easy fix to this or does anyone have any code that I could run that would basically do a clear contents on the blank cells?

Thanks for your help!

tp

Hi,

the AutoFilter method to condition the data in your table is about as good as you're going to find, unless you want to write a VBA procedure to replace spaces with "".

:)

Skip,
Skip@TheOfficeExperts.com

Try running Dave McRitchie's Trimall macro against your imported data, prior to doing the Pivot table. Not 100% sure, but it may do the trick:-

Regards
Ken..................

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Attitude - A little thing that makes a BIG difference
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back