Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel - Quick Access Toolbar - customise with a drop-down menu

Status
Not open for further replies.

pendle666

Technical User
Jan 30, 2003
GB
Hello there,

I have a lot of useful shortcuts and macros on my QAT in Excel.

Some of them I'd like to group into a sub-menu. Just like the regular ribbon has groups and sub-menus.

I can't see how to do this, but I'm guessing it's not an option, but has anyone found how to do this? Or are there any suggestions on managing groups of macros?

thanks!

thank you for helping

*** solved it****

So what I did was

create a new custom tab with my items in groups

Then right-clicked the group and added to quick access toolbar and there is a blue blob with the items underneath.

Haven't worked out how to change the icon - but that's fine with me.

thank you for helping

MS info how to sustomize QAT here.

One of blogs here.

To add menus to QAT: you can create your own ribbon with groups of macros, customize items (in the designer select icon and 'change name...' option), and hide it. Next, when customizing QAT, it is possible to add ribbon's group to QAT. Items in QAT are displayed only as icons, but with tooltips.

combo

To change icon, modify the source group in the ribbon: 'change name' command allow to change icon too. The change will be transferred to QAT.

combo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back