Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel print to Networked Oki C5150c Printer

Status
Not open for further replies.

r814

MIS
May 24, 2000
US
Hello All,
I have a problem with printing from an XP Home box in excel 2003. I installed a new Oki C5150n Printer on our network, and I can print to the printer in all my applications EXCEPT Excel. I get a message to enter a file name as if it was printing to a file, not the printer. I've checked the printer setup and the print to file box is not checked. The exact message I get is: Now printing "filename" on the OKI C5150n on file. Then a second box is displayed to enter the output file name. When I entered a filename, it was saved as an xls file, and still would not print. I've tried to print from the other systems on the network, but the same results. They all can print test pages and applications except Excell. Any suggestions?

C5150n

Have you solved this problem, we are experiencing the same issue

I am having the same problem with a networked Oki C5200n. As a workaround, I go to File, Print (as usual). Then I select a different printer name (in my case, the "Intuit Internal Printer," which is installed because I use Quickbooks). Then I select the Oki printer again. Then I say OK and it works.

So the key is to first select some other printer name, then to select your Oki printer.

Anyone know of any "official" fix?

I just downloaded and installed an updated printer driver from my.okidata.com for the Oki C5200n. That seemed to resolve the printing problem with Excel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back