Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel print preview problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 24, 2002
US
When my boss clicks on "print preview" in Excel 2000 it shrinks the page to the size of a stamp and turns a 10 page document into a 16,900 page document. If I close that print preview and preview it again it displays properly. If I preview it again, 16,900 pages. If I change the margins it fixes the problem until I close Excel and reopen it, when the problem comes back. This happens with all documents, and it only happens on his machine, on my machine the documents display properly. Could this be a template issue?

Do you have a large format printer by any chance? And does he have a little A4 printer?

If so, its a document defaults issue - your printer needs setting to A4 in document defaults as well as paper size. Then when he gets the docs they'll print out ok. Basically, when he opens docs check the file page setup and check out the page size and it won't be what you think it is...

Hi
Another thing you may wish to check on is that a ridiculously large print area has been set.

In the dropdown to the left of the formula bar see if there is a named range called 'Print_Area' If there is, click on it and see how big an area is highlighted. Remove it by choosing File>Print Area>Clear Print Area.

If there isn't one then simply IGNORE THIS POST!!!
:-D If a man says something and there are no women there to hear him, is he still wrong?
"...Three Lions On A Shirt..."

Thanks for the posts, Zelandakh got it! Thanks also Loomah, I had already tried that but it was a good idea :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back