Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel: Populating cells from a dropdown list in another cell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolcarls

Technical User
Jan 19, 2002
US
I have a list of manufacturers. Sheet2, cell A1 has the name of the manufacturer. A2 has the Street # and name.
B2 has the state, B3 has the zip.
Sheet1 A1, has the list of names in a dropdown box, I need the appropriate cells below to populate apon selection of the manufacturer.
I know I probably didn't explain myself too well, but any help would be very welcome.
Thanks in advance.
Carl

Carl,

A pix worth a K-words.

Please post some sample data (copy 'n' paste)

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] [red]Be Advised![/red] Coeds studying ancient Egyptian plumbing, might be known as...
Pharaoh Faucet Majors [tongue][/sub]

[tt]
A B
1 MfgName
2 123 Main AZ
3 87654[/tt]

???

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] [red]Be Advised![/red] Coeds studying ancient Egyptian plumbing, might be known as...

A B C D
1 Manufacturer: Mr Guy
2 Street Address: 2589 Some St
3 State: California ZIP: 90210

That's the end result
I don't have the names and address entered in yet, so if there's a good suggestion I'll take it.
Thanks

Oh Skip, your signiture is quite somthing!! :)

I don't have the names and address entered in yet...
If this is a from scratch sheet, save yourself ALOT of trouble and create a TABLE like...
[tt]
1 Manufacturer Street Address City ST ZIP
2 Mr Guy 2589 Some St Some City CA 90210

[/tt]
The format you posted is a recipe for grief!

Skip,
[sub]

Perfect, Thanks skip.
Once I have the data entered, I can use the validation filter from sheet1 for my list which would be sheet2 column a and use a vlookup or hlookup???????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back