Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel Pivot Table Sorting

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffAlton

Programmer
Apr 19, 2003
US
I have an Excel Spreadsheet with a pivot table that is linked to an Access database that keeps track of which databases users enter and how long they have each one open.

The problem that I have is when users switch databases the information shows up wherever it wants in the pivot table rows. These rows are linked to other cells for easier viewing.

What I would like to have happen is as new users appear in my datasource that they are displayed in the bottom row of the pivot table.

In other words is there a way to lock the rows already displayed in place and all new information will add a new row to the bottom of the pivot table?

JeffAlton,

A PivotTable is a REPORTING tool.

If you want the last row entered SORTED to the bottom, then add a column in your source data for ROW() and report that column in the primary ROW AREA position, SORTED in descending sequence.

Skip,

Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at faq222-2244

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back