Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel Personal.xls file problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

remeng

Technical User
Jul 27, 2006
US
All:

When I load Excel I recieve an error that states:

A document with the name Personal.xls is already open. You cannot open two documents with the same name, enen if the documents are in different folders.

My personal.xls file with all of my macros is not opening as it had before. Instead Excel has remade the personal.xls file. The one with my macros still exists, but it is not being opened by excel. Can someone give me directions on how to reset my personal.xls file so that I can load my macros without having to unhide and close the new personal.xls file?

Thanks all!

-> The one with my macros still exists, but it is not being opened by excel.

It might be opening, but just as a hidden workbook. Go to Window > Unhide and see if any workbooks are listed.

[tt]_____
[blue]-John[/blue][/tt]
[tab][red]The plural of anecdote is not data[/red]

Help us help you. Please read FAQ 181-2886 before posting.

It is the problem of path. Copy both presonals to another place, re-create new one (record any macro to 'personal.xls'), and replace it with your own file.

combo

Got it. The problem was that Microsoft Excel desided that it wanted to create its own Personal.xls file in the My Documents folder. I deleted that file and everything is back to normal. Thank you all for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back