Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel paste error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfen02

Technical User
Mar 8, 2004
US
For some reason I keep getting one of those annoying "Runtime 1004" errors when attempting to use the following copy/paste method. Still learning and can't seem to figure out where I've gone astray.

where r = last row of data on sheet1:

Code:
    For m = 1 To k
        If WB.Worksheets("Data").Cells(m, 1).Value = "" Then
            WB.Worksheets("Data").Range(m & "2:" & m & "10").Copy
            r = r + 1
            WB.Worksheets(1).Range(r & "3").PasteSpecial Paste:=xlValues
            WB.Worksheets(1).Cells(r, 1).Formula = "Y"
        End If
    Next m

Heading home for now. Thanks for any help!

Teri
Good decisions come from Wisdom...
Wisdom comes from experience...
Experience comes from bad decisions

Range(m & "2:" & m & "10")
Looks like an illegal range definition.
Try to play with the Cells collection.

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

Range(m & "2:" & m & "10")

The Range Definition is incorrect. You have assigned 'm' (your column ref) to an integer, but the range option will only allow a string for a column ie. A, B, C.

Regards
Andrew

Andrew Chamberlain
National Grid Transco

Hi Wolfen02,

.Range(m & "2:" & m & "10") is NOT an invalid Range, but is probably not what you want. The reason for your error is probably that the paste range is a different shape from the copy range.

Enjoy,
Tony

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We want to help you; help us to do it by reading this: Before you ask a question.

Thanks for all your help! Andrew, you were absolutely correct. I had to switch my range reference around. I was referring to my row first as you would in a cell reference. Oh well, I'd definately been staring at the screen too long and overlooking that one! Works like a charm now.

Teri
Good decisions come from Wisdom...
Wisdom comes from experience...
Experience comes from bad decisions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back