Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel pagebreaks and printarea 2007 versus 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

iweaver

Programmer
Oct 26, 2009
GB
I have an excel tool which generates a report. Essentially there is a lot of data in a workbook and using vlookups etc a tab is populated for a report. This tab has manual page breaks inserted in order to set appropriate print pages.

As not of all the report is applicable depending on the data set picked form the pick list, a macro is run which goes through and hides certain rows. When entire pages are hidden then excel prints blank pages, so the macro also sets print areas to get round this. All this worked prior to my 2007 upgrade, but now some automatic page breaks are inserted when you run the macro. I’ve been through debug and this is happening when the non-contiguous print area is set. In the resulting report these breaks can’t be moved. Clearing the print area results in the auto page breaks disappearing, but then you are back to having blank pages printed? Any help would be very much appreciated.

Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back